IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION DUE TO WEATHER, THE CLEARWATER TOWNSHIP HALL AT 5440 RIVER ST., RAPID CITY, MI WILL BE OPEN AS AN “EMERGENCY SHELTER”.
Clearwater Township Announcements:
1. 2018 Summer & Winter property taxes can no longer be paid to Clearwater Township as of March 1, 2019. For additional information on the website, see Property Tax Information.
2. The next Election is on August 6, 2019. See the Election Information for more information.
3. A Public Hearing will be held at a special meeting of the Clearwater Township Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, June 24, 2019 at 7P at the Clearwater Township Community Center, aka Little Red School House, to consider a variance request from James Deater to allow for a front set back variance for an attached garage to the home located at 5460 Water St. Rapid City, MI with Parcel # 400004-009-048-00. The public may submit written comments on the matter prior to the meeting to the Township Office, by mail at PO Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Two Public Hearings will be held at the regular meeting of the Clearwater Township Zoning Board of Appeals on Monday, July 8, 2019 at 7P at the Clearwater Township Community Center, aka Little Red School House, to consider variance petitions.
The first is from Mike Bieniek, AICP, of LCC Telecom Services (Agent for Tillman Infrastructure), for a variance to erect a 120’ self-support lattice telecommunications tower in a 100’ x 100’ lease area, on property located at address 5378 Townline Road, Williamsburg, MI 49690, with the tax ID# 40004-033-007-15.
The second is from Thomas Klingler to allow for a side yard set back variance for an addition to an existing attached garage to the home located at 7772 Hoiles Dr. NW, Williamsburg, MI with Parcel # 400004-125-024-00.
The public may submit written comments on either/both matters prior to the meeting to the Township Office, by mail at PO Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676 or via email at email@example.com.
5. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking input regarding the Master Plan 5 year review process. The public is invited to provide insightful input to this mandatory review process which must be completed by the Fall of 2019. This will be an on-going agenda topic at the regular meetings of the Planning Commission. Feedback can be provided in person at these meetings or by reaching out to the Township via mail, phone or email.
6. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking private property owners whose land abuts the Rapid City abandoned alleyways. The Commission is forming a subcommittee to explore possible funding through State and/or Federal grants to resolve the legal issues involved in the survey, transfer and documentation of the alleyway properties to the adjacent property owners. The subcommittee will meet monthly on a Saturday to be determined. Interested parties should contact the Clearwater Township Office at 231-331-6249 or the Planning Commission Chair at 231-709-0474.