IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION DUE TO WEATHER, THE CLEARWATER TOWNSHIP HALL AT 5440 RIVER ST., RAPID CITY, MI WILL BE OPEN AS AN “EMERGENCY SHELTER”.
Clearwater Township Announcements:
1. 2018 Summer property tax statements have been mailed. Payment can be mailed or made in person at the Township Office. Summer taxes are due September 14, 2018.
2. The State Primary Election will be held on Tuesday, August 7, 2018. To view the sample ballot and additional information on the website, see Election Information.
3. Kalkaska County is providing a Household Hazardous Waste collection day on Saturday, July 21, 2018 and a Tire Recycling day on Saturday, July 28, 2018. Click here for Flyer and more information.
4. The Clearwater Township Hall Remodel Committee will meet again on August 2, 2018 at 6:30P at the Township Hall, to continue discussing options to remodel the Clearwater Township Hall. All are welcome to attend. June 26, 2018 Draft Meeting Minutes
5. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking input regarding the Master Plan 5 year review process. The public is invited to provide insightful input to this mandatory review process which must be completed by the Fall of 2019. This will be an on-going agenda topic at the regular meetings of the Planning Commission. Feedback can be provided in person at these meetings or by reaching out to the Township via mail, phone or email.
5. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking private property owners whose land abuts the Rapid City abandoned alleyways. The Commission is forming a subcommittee to explore possible funding through State and/or Federal grants to resolve the legal issues involved in the survey, transfer and documentation of the alleyway properties to the adjacent property owners. The subcommittee will meet monthly on a Saturday to be determined. Interested parties should contact the Clearwater Township Office at 231-331-6249 or the Planning Commission Chair at 231-709-0474.
6. Clearwater Township is seeking applicants for an alternate position on the Zoning Board of Appeals, the Planning Commission and the Board of Review. Interested persons can call for an application at 231 331-6249 or stop by the Township Office at 5440 River St., Rapid City, MI. Submit applications to Clearwater Township Clerk, P.O. Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676