IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION DUE TO WEATHER, THE CLEARWATER TOWNSHIP HALL AT 5440 RIVER ST., RAPID CITY, MI WILL BE OPEN AS AN “EMERGENCY SHELTER”.
Clearwater Township Announcements:
1. 2018 Summer property tax statements have been mailed and were due September 14, 2018. For additional information on the website, see Property Tax Information.
2. Clearwater Township is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Fire Chief. Qualifications include prior fire experience and completion of appropriate training; EMT preferred. This is a part time salaried position appointed by the Township Board. The job description can be found on the Fire Department page or call the Township Office at 231-331-6249 to obtain a copy. Interested candidates should submit their resume or application no later than November 2, 2018 to Clearwater Township Clerk, PO Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The Clearwater Township Hall Remodel Committee will meet again at a future date based upon the information obtained by a completed independent assessment. All are welcome to attend these meetings when scheduled.
June 26, 2018 Meeting Minutes
August 2, 2018 Draft Meeting Minutes
4. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking input regarding the Master Plan 5 year review process. The public is invited to provide insightful input to this mandatory review process which must be completed by the Fall of 2019. This will be an on-going agenda topic at the regular meetings of the Planning Commission. Feedback can be provided in person at these meetings or by reaching out to the Township via mail, phone or email.
5. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking private property owners whose land abuts the Rapid City abandoned alleyways. The Commission is forming a subcommittee to explore possible funding through State and/or Federal grants to resolve the legal issues involved in the survey, transfer and documentation of the alleyway properties to the adjacent property owners. The subcommittee will meet monthly on a Saturday to be determined. Interested parties should contact the Clearwater Township Office at 231-331-6249 or the Planning Commission Chair at 231-709-0474.
6. Clearwater Township is seeking applicants for an alternate position on the Board of Review. Interested persons can call for an application at 231-331-6249 or stop by the Township Office at 5440 River St., Rapid City, MI. Submit applications to Clearwater Township Clerk, P.O. Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676