IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION DUE TO WEATHER, THE CLEARWATER TOWNSHIP HALL AT 5440 RIVER ST., RAPID CITY, MI WILL BE OPEN AS AN “EMERGENCY SHELTER”.
Clearwater Township Announcements:
1. Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, Clearwater Township buildings are closed to all nonessential personnel and activities until further notice. Please call the office at 231-331-6249 or email us at email@example.com, if you have reserved the use of the Township Hall/Gym or the Community Center/Little Red School House.
2. Bid Notice: Clearwater Township is accepting bids to sell the following Fire Department surplus equipment:
2007 Dodge Crew Cab 4×4 Pickup Truck: 6700# GVWR w/5.7 Hemi, automatic transmission, 98,784 miles, and topper w/6 1/2 foot tool slide out.
2004 Ford F250 Crew Cab 4×4 Pickup Truck: 8800# GVWR w/gas motor, automatic transmission, 60,467 miles, grass fire skid w/Honda pump, 125 water tank, and Hannay electric rewind reel w/150 foot Reel-lite hose.
Both trucks have a full light bar with traffic advisor on back side and a siren w/PA and VHF radio. All Fire Department equipment, including lights and sirens, will be removed if sold to a non- fire department entity.
Trucks can be seen at 8255 Garfield St., Rapid City, MI 49676.
Sealed bids should be submitted to the Clearwater Township Office at 5440 River St., PO Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676 no later than July 13, 2020 at 5PM. Mark the outside of the envelope with “Pickup Truck Bid”. Bids will be opened at the regular Board meeting on July 16, 2020. Both trucks will be sold to the highest bidder once the reserve has been met. Reserve set for trucks: $7,000 each, if sold to non-fire department entity; $8,200 each, if sold to another fire department. Interested parties should contact the Clearwater Township Fire Department at 231-571-2240 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, specific details or questions. Clearwater Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.
3. BID Notice: Clearwater Township is accepting bids from an insured individual or business for the removal and disposal of the 4 outhouses located at Freedom Park East & West at 8395 Rapid City Rd, Rapid City, MI. The ground should be filled and leveled after the removal is completed. Sealed bids should be submitted to Clearwater Township, PO Box 1, Rapid City, MI 49676 and received no later than July 15, 2020 at 5PM. Mark the outside of the envelope with “Outhouse Removal Bid“. Interested parties should contact Clearwater Township at 231-357-8252 or email@example.com for further information and specific details or questions. Clearwater Township reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids. Bids will be opened at the regular Board meeting on July 16, 2020.
4. The Clearwater Township Zoning Board of Appeals meeting scheduled for July 13, 2020 is cancelled.
5. 2020 Summer property taxes can be paid to Clearwater Township as of July 1, 2020. For additional information on the website, see Property Tax Information.
6. The Clearwater Township Board of Review will meet at the Township Hall at 5440 River St., Rapid City, MI, on July 21, 2020 at 12N for clerical errors and mutual mistake of fact.
7. The next Election will be held on August 4, 2020. See Election Information for more information.
8. The Kalkaska Public Library will be at the Clearwater Township Hall at 5440 River St., Rapid City, MI, on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month from 9A to 12N starting on September 11, 2019. A selection of library books is available to check out as well as help with basic computer skills. Secure book returns can also be made at the Township Hall. Cancelled until further notice.