IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY SITUATION DUE TO WEATHER, THE CLEARWATER TOWNSHIP HALL AT 5440 RIVER ST., RAPID CITY, MI WILL BE OPEN AS AN “EMERGENCY SHELTER”.
Clearwater Township Announcements:
1. 2018 Summer & Winter property taxes can no longer be paid to Clearwater Township as of March 1, 2019. For additional information on the website, see Property Tax Information.
2. The Clearwater Township Hall Remodel Committee will meet again at a future date based upon the information obtained by a completed independent assessment. All are welcome to attend these meetings when scheduled.
June 26, 2018 Meeting Minutes
August 2, 2018 Draft Meeting Minutes
Remodel Evaluation and Feasibility Study Report Feb 2019
3. Clearwater Township will hold a meeting of the Election Commission to appoint election workers for the May 7, 2019 Special Election on Thursday, April 11, 2019 at 1:00 PM. The meeting will be held at the Clearwater Township Hall at 5440 River St., Rapid City, MI.
4. Clearwater Township will hold a Special Election on Tuesday, May 7, 2019. For more election information & to view a sample ballot see: Election Information
5. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking input regarding the Master Plan 5 year review process. The public is invited to provide insightful input to this mandatory review process which must be completed by the Fall of 2019. This will be an on-going agenda topic at the regular meetings of the Planning Commission. Feedback can be provided in person at these meetings or by reaching out to the Township via mail, phone or email.
6. Clearwater Township Planning Commission is seeking private property owners whose land abuts the Rapid City abandoned alleyways. The Commission is forming a subcommittee to explore possible funding through State and/or Federal grants to resolve the legal issues involved in the survey, transfer and documentation of the alleyway properties to the adjacent property owners. The subcommittee will meet monthly on a Saturday to be determined. Interested parties should contact the Clearwater Township Office at 231-331-6249 or the Planning Commission Chair at 231-709-0474.