Citizen Resources

Legal resources, free to citizens:

Welcome to Michigan Legal Help

How Do I . . . ? (

KAIR-Utility Assistance, Community Meals, Food Pantry, Resale Store:
Kalkaska KAIR
Phone: 231-258-7836

MSHDA Home Owner & Rental Assistance, Funding, Foreclosure Prevention:
Phone: 517-335-9885 Email:

NMCAA-Support for housing, repair programs and assistance, early childhood programs, food distribution, Meals on Wheels:
Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency – Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency
Phone: 231-947-3780

USDA-Home loans, 504 grants for eligible homeowners over 62:
1501 S CASS ST STE A, TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684-4187
Phone: 231-486-2541

Housing North-Housing resources:
Housing North

Commission on Aging/Senior Resources:
Welcome to KALKASKA COUNTY, MI (COA page)

District 10 Health Department-Physical and Mental Health Assistance:
Kalkaska County – District Health Department 10
Phone: 231-258-8669

Meals on Wheels
Senior Guidance Living Assistance
Commodity Supplemental Food Program
Northwestern Michigan Community Action Agency
Kalkaska Memorial Health Care
Northern Michigan Alliance for Independent Living
KTA (Kalkaska Transportation Authority)
Father Fred
Community Mental Health
Third Level Crisis Center
Child and Family Services
Michigan Works!
Home Repair Program
Early Childhood Education Programs
US Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
US Department of Labor
Riparian Rights Information
Kalkaska County Library